Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Shers She Shared

People search weird things and land up here. Here’s another example:

Intro
Someone wants to hear Surendra Sharma’s interview. Well, Don’t search in Google; search in YouTube already! And then someone wants to introduce oneself with the help of shers… WOW! What an ambition. I just want to be able to utter one simple sentence without any stammering and stuttering and hesitation in contrast to what I seem to do most of the time: “Oh… Hi! ya… umm… I’m Dharmesh.”!

Anyway, here are some shers courtesy of my superpartner’s pen but without any translations (to fill-up this month’s posts quota):

When Her relatives bug Her with questions about me:

ये जो इलज़ाम हम पर हर दिन लगते हैं काश उन्हें भी तो पता चले
दिल का धडकना, मुस्कुराके सहम जाना काबिले-तारीफ नहीं तो और क्या है

When She was surrounded by the mesmerizing weather at Kolkata:

बारिश का समा है, बहारें नौजवाँ हैं
ऐसे में तुम कहाँ हो और हम कहाँ हैं

When I suggested I have never uttered harsh words to Her:

प्यार मोहब्बत कि बातें वो किसी और से सीखने जा रहे थे
पास बैठे थे हम और वो अपनी किस्मत पे रोये जा रहे थे

इज़हार जब किया हमने, तब उन्हें ये समझ में आया
कितने नादान थे वो, जो अकेले जिंदगी जिए जा रहे थे

When I doubted that the above shers were Her original creations:

दिल दुखाया है मैंने तुम्हारा ऐसे ही कई बार
दी है इजाज़त इसकी तुमने ये है अच्छी बात

फायदा उठाने का मुझे कोई शौक़ नहीं है
ये गलतफ़हमी नहीं रखना कभी अपने पास

When She thought of being philosophical without me provoking Her, which has also led the length of the two lines to not quite match [;)]:

ज़िंदगी में कई ठोकरें खाई हैं हमने
वो आए हैं तो उनसे जूंझकर निकलने की हिम्मत आई है

When She was in the mood of bugging me:

बड़े बेमिसाल लग रहे हैं आज
क्या कुछ चटपटा छुपा रहे हैं आप?

कभी लगता है हमारा इम्तिहान लिया जा रहा है
प्यार में अब क्यूँ ये भी नहीं सहा जा रहा है

I poked my nose in between just like that:

मेरे तो जी भर कर बहुत इम्तिहान लिए
जब देने का वक़्त आया तो शायरी कर लिए?

She continued:

काश आप ऐसे ही लिखते रहें
हमारे दिल को खुश करते रहें

हम जी यूँ ही बहलाते रहें
आपकी यादों में आते रहें

When I said I’m going to sleep instead of talking to Her:

वैसे तो आपसे तू-तू मैं-मैं करना बड़ा अच्छा लगता है
लेकिन आज जो आप नहीं हैं सोचे चैन की नींद लेते हैं

When I shared some shers with Her from Anubhuti:

दिन की थकान झट में दूर हो गयी
आपने सुनाई जो शायरी, शाम रंगीन हो गयी।

–Snehil Sethia (स्नेहिल सेठिया)

Well, that’s too much of the so-called & well-hated ‘romantic’ poetry. Such close proximity to it makes my head twitch, my eyes droop, my ears dry up, and my hands ache so I need to rest now. You may continue with

something Else

4 comments:

  1. Souls reading the above post, i hope you read this comment too. I know what kind of a mood the last paragraph has set in for you. Yes, it does show in---difference (you are right, i wanted to write insanity there... hehe) towards such an eternal thing by the blogger :). Maybe he should keep the head twitching to hands aching problems to himself and not rub it off on people like us and probably should sit back and watch movies of the same Genre as punishment ;) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems I've struck a nerve of my co-blogger. Who would've guessed? :)
    Not to air the dirty-or-not laundry out here, let me just say: "Bring on the generic movies"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. उम्मीद है धर्मेश भाई के माथे की थरथराहट, आँखों की मुर्झान, कानों की खुश्की, और हाथों का दर्द कहीं असहनीय न हो जाए :)

    आशिक़ों की शायरी बहुत देख ली हमने, मगर शायरों का इश्क़ आज देखा
    तुझे जानते तो सालों से मगर, तेरा ये अंदाज़े-हुब्ब-ए-शायराना आज देखा

    ReplyDelete
  4. मुझे यही भय सताता है कई बार लेकिन अभी तक तो सहा जा रहा है तो चला जा रहा है। :)

    वाह वाह!! बहुत खूब! आपका नज़रिया बहुत पसंद आया हम दोनों को।

    ReplyDelete