Sunday, December 20, 2015

Search for Love

Last weekend, we were listening to songs sung by Arijit Singh on the Saavn app. I used to listen directly from the website before that. We came across a beautiful song never heard before, whose title read “Looking for love (मैं ढूंढने)”. The few Hindi lines of the song were amazing but the English lines (as if trying to translate them) were just the opposite. So we thought we would give it a go and have tried to translate those great lines. As usual, read the disclaimer in the relevant tab above!

मैं ढूंढने को ज़माने में जब वफ़ा निकला
पता चला के गलत लेके मैं पता निकला

Main dhoondhne ko zamaane mein jab vafa nikla
Pata chala ke galat leke main pata nikla

When I left in search for loyalty in the nation
It turned out I took wrong turns to my destination

मैं ढूंढने को उसके दिल में जो ख़ुदा निकला
पता चला के गलत लेके मैं पता निकला

Main dhoondhne ko uske dil mein jo khuda nikla
Pata chala ke galat leke main pata nikla

When I left in search for God almighty in her heart
It turned out I took wrong turns to reach my sweetheart

मैं ढूंढने को जो कभी जीने की वजाह निकला
पता चला के गलत लेके मैं पता निकला

Main dhoondhne ko jo kabhi jeene ki vajaah nikla
Pata chala ke galat leke main pata nikla

When I left for understanding the meaning of life
It turned out I took wrong turns to the school of life

And that is what love is all about…

While happiness is… Reading Sketchbook. Two new scanlated chapters of Sketchbook from Vol9 were released this week. Look at my favourite panels below.

Sketchbook_v09_ch129_110      Sketchbook_v09_ch129_111

Sketchbook_v09_ch129_116

And the world just looks like a better place with these people.

If you have any troubles understanding the above, comment on this post and you shall be laughed at. And then over the next few days, we may get around explaining them to you. The best part would be us laughing together, if you’re still around.

No comments:

Post a Comment