Sunday, December 30, 2018

It’s Greek to Me!

Recently I looked at the Greek alphabets more keenly. I need to know them myself clearly before teaching them to Sakura.😉 I was reminded that there exists such a keyboard prepared by Him. It works with Shift & Ctrl+Alt combinations to get the small & capital letters in Greek. The mapping is below:

a α
b β
c χ
d δ
e ε
f φ
g γ
h η
i ι
j ψ
k κ
l λ
m μ
n
o o
p π
q θ
r ρ
s σ
t τ
u
v ν
w ω
x ξ
y υ
z ζ

The keyboard layout of the same is:

UKL-AltGr

Now that I was looking at things keenly, I realized the Greek alphabets could be made to match the English ones more closely and I made one on my own which looks like:

a α
b β
c χ
d δ
e ε,η
f φ
g γ
h
i ι
j
k κ
l λ
m μ
n ν
o o,ω
p π
q
r ρ
s σ,ψ
t θ,τ
u υ
v
w
x ξ
y
z ζ

I know the above is not a one-to-one mapping but it ‘sounds’ all right to me.😊

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment